***** EXTERNAL email. Please be cautious and evaluate before you click on links, open attachments, or provide credentials. *****
NOTICE DATE: March 24, 2017
NOTICE TYPE: R-A022217-05 Release-Retail
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Reminder and updated information - Upgrade of the MarkeTrak Application and Retail Processing Outage
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Retail Electric Providers (REPs) and Transmission and Distribution Service Providers (TDSPs)
DAY AFFECTED: March 25, 2017 7:00 PM to March 27, 2017 12:00 AM
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT will be upgrading the version of the MarkeTrak Application in the Production environment March 25, 2017 7:00 PM to March 27, 2017 12:00 AM. No significant functionality changes are anticipated.
The URL for production MarkeTrak will be standardized to:
Please ensure that any browser bookmarks used to access production MarkeTrak match this URL.
The MarkeTrak version available prior to the weekend release is supported in IE 11 Enterprise Mode; however, the upgraded version of the application operates at optimum in IE 11 Default (or Native) Mode. Users currently running MarkeTrak in IE 11 Enterprise Mode should switch to Default Mode when accessing the MarkeTrak following the release.
Browser configuration specifications and settings can be found in the updated IE11.x Configuration Guide<http://www.ercot.com/content/wcm/lists/89525/IE_11_x_Config_Guide.docx> posted on the User Guides<http://www.ercot.com/services/mdt/userguides> page of ERCOT.com. The Configuration Guide details running specific URLs in Default Mode.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The following ERCOT systems will be impacted during the implementation period.
* Market Participants utilizing NAESB to send/receive transactions to/from ERCOT will NOT be able to send/receive transactions to/from ERCOT during the outage. This includes all retail transactions.
* 867 transactions will NOT be forwarded during the outage.
* 997 Functional Acknowledgements will NOT be sent during the outage.
* MarkeTrak will be unavailable for the duration of the outage.
* Retail Application components of the Market Information System (MIS) and the Retail API will be unavailable.
* Retail Reports and Extracts may be impacted during the outage timeframe.
* eService application will be unavailable on the MIS.
* Find ESIID and Find Transaction will be unavailable.
Information on upcoming releases can be found on the Project Priority List (PPL)<http://www.ercot.com/services/projects/>.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.