PGDTF Archives

Planning Geomagnetic Disturbance Task Force

PGDTF@LISTS.ERCOT.COM

From:
"Urquidez, Omar A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Planning Geomagnetic Disturbance Task Force <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 13:36:23 +0000
PGDTF,

PGRR057 Responsibilities for Performing Geomagnetic Disturbance (GMD) Vulnerability Assessments was posted yesterday. It is scheduled to be presented at PLWG in two weeks. Several Task Force members have expressed concern that language discussed at the January PGDTF meeting was not included in the current PGRR. ERCOT Staff have provided the PGDTF members an opportunity on Friday, February 10, 2017 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am to discuss the current PGRR language. The WebEx information has been posted on the PGDTF February 10th meeting webpage.

I invite all Task Force members to read and provide comments on the PGRR prior to the meeting. If you send your comments to me, I will combine them all into one document we can review on the conference call on Friday. My email address is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please also cc Dylan Preas, Jeff Billo, and Ben Richardson at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, and [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, respectively. The posted PGRR057 is attached and is available on the ERCOT website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Best Regards,

Omar A. Urquidez, PhD, P.E.
Chairman Planning Geomagnetic Disturbance Task Force

CenterPoint Energy
Office: (713) 207-2344
Cell: (617) 504-8704

[cid:image001.png@01C92D41.F3F95E20]