RTCTF Archives

Real-Time Co-Optimization Task Force

RTCTF@LISTS.ERCOT.COM

From:
Shams Siddiqi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:23:39 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Based on my discussions with ERCOT, I've revised my proposal language and
presentation (both attached) on maintaining Participation Factors as an
option that should work well with RTC. The following is a description of the
proposal:

1.	RTC and LFC would function exactly as described in the ERCOT
proposal.
2.	QSEs have the option of telemetering PFs - for all QSEs not
exercising this option, there is no change to the ERCOT proposal.
3.	For QSEs that telemeter PFs, since there is a 8-45 second
communication delay in ERCOT accepting telemetered PFs after each RTC run
that are aligned with the RTC awards, the first few LFC cycles after each
RTC run until aligned PFs are accepted by ERCOT, the QSE resources will be
deployed and performance measured based on the exact LFC deployment (as in
the ERCOT proposal).
4.	Once the aligned PFs have been accepted by ERCOT after each RTC run
and until the next RTC run, real-time resource performance monitoring,
GREDP, Base Point Deviation, etc. will all be measured using LFC deployments
adjusted for telemetered PFs.

Please post these instead of previous documents on PFs. I look forward to
discussing these at RTCTF.

Regards,

Shams Siddiqi, PhD

President, Crescent Power, Inc.

11412 Bee Caves Rd, Suite 202

Austin, Texas 78738

Tel. +1.512.619.3532

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

 <http://www.crescentpower.net> www.crescentpower.net