RTCTF Archives

Real-Time Co-Optimization Task Force

RTCTF@LISTS.ERCOT.COM

From:
"Greer, Clayton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greer, Clayton
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:42:08 +0000
On the ASDC for NSRS, can you come up with an example where the RUC would be for NSRS and not local congestion or general market insufficiency?  For instance, I envision the RUC engine reviewing all resources and first determines if there are sufficient scheduled on line resources for Reg Up, Reg Down, and RRS.  It then determines if there are remaining resources on line or offline that can be started within 30 minutes to supply NSRS.  After these passes, it moves to transmission security and overall market sufficiency.  If there are over 5000MWs of qualified A/S Resources on line at any given time, I'm having difficulty seeing how the engine ever stops to award RUC for A/S before moving on to the transmission security and market sufficiency stages which also represent the current RUC process.

And yes, I get that this is done in a single process, but my simple mind likes to think of it this way.  If the engine is to functionally run differently, somebody please let me know.

On the storage facility issue, I will have a problem with anything that allows resources connected to multiple points on the grid to reallocate their A/S due to the fact that the engine is clearing A/S and congestion simultaneously.  If they are connected to the same node, I have no problem with allowing an aggregation.