WEATHER_MORATORIUMS Archives

Weather Moratorium communications related to Extreme Weather

WEATHER_MORATORIUMS@LISTS.ERCOT.COM

From:
Competitive Retailer Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Competitive Retailer Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:56:40 +0000
***** EXTERNAL email. Please be cautious and evaluate before you click on links, open attachments, or provide credentials. *****

NOTICE DATE: September 15, 2021

NOTICE TYPE CNP-M-A091321-04 – Update 4
DAYS AFFECTED: September 13, 2021 forward until further notice.
SHORT DESCRIPTION:  CenterPoint Energy continues its Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) in response to the landfall of Hurricane Nicholas along the Texas Gulf Coast.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All Market Participants
LONG DESCRIPTION:  CenterPoint Energy continues its Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) in response to the landfall of Hurricane Nicholas along the Texas Gulf Coast. CenterPoint Energy continues to make significant progress restoring power in the Greater Houston area and surrounding communities following Hurricane Nicholas’ impact earlier this week.
For latest information on power outages*:

  *   Sign up for Power Alert Service<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.centerpointenergy.com/en-us/residential/services/electric-utility/outage-center/power-alert-service?sa=ho&WT.mc_id=VanURL_PAS_On__;!!DR3VkBMYqM1H!L3GdAuWuxaR8XDk9LUYHDwn124g1NLWtviGi_6HDiZSAaGSJzFEbjQu8KXjlGP8L-J9gwOGGWXE$ > for information on individual outages;
  *   Follow @cnpalerts<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/CNPalerts__;!!DR3VkBMYqM1H!L3GdAuWuxaR8XDk9LUYHDwn124g1NLWtviGi_6HDiZSAaGSJzFEbjQu8KXjlGP8L-J9gxD1ORAE$ > and visit Outage Tracker<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://gis.centerpointenergy.com/outagetracker/__;!!DR3VkBMYqM1H!L3GdAuWuxaR8XDk9LUYHDwn124g1NLWtviGi_6HDiZSAaGSJzFEbjQu8KXjlGP8L-J9gGJAomPA$ > for general outage locations; and
  *   Visit CenterPointEnergy.com/StormCenter<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.centerpointenergy.com/en-us/residential/safety/weather-storm-center?sa=ho__;!!DR3VkBMYqM1H!L3GdAuWuxaR8XDk9LUYHDwn124g1NLWtviGi_6HDiZSAaGSJzFEbjQu8KXjlGP8L-J9gZ6A-sBM$ > for electric and natural gas safety tips and other resources.
*Please note that some outage notifications may be delayed. Due to the ongoing system assessment of damage caused by Hurricane Nicholas, estimated restoration times on Outage Tracker and Power Alert Service are not being provided at this time.
NEW Information:
Operating Conditions:

  *   The company has restored service to more than 380,000 electric customers, down from a peak outage count of 460,000 at 8 a.m. CT on Sept. 14.
  *   At this time, CenterPoint Energy is down to less than 80,000 customers without power.
  *   The majority of the remaining customer outages are expected to be restored by the end of the day with the assistance of mutual assistance crews. Isolated outages should be addressed by the end of this week.

  *   We appreciate our customers’ continued patience and understanding as we work to address the more challenging outage issues caused by the storm’s extensive damage to some parts of our system.

Service Order Execution

  *   Service Orders requiring field execution will remain suspended thru Thursday September 16th.
  *   CenterPoint Energy will hold pending service orders with current date wanted and a mass turndown will not be taking place.
  *   The DNP moratorium activated in advance of this EOP event remains in place through Thursday.  We will re-evaluate at that time resumption or extension of the moratorium as warranted.

Billing Impacts

  *   There will be no disruption to the delivery of LSE files.
  *   As required AMS meter reads will contain estimation of missing intervals as needed.
  *   Estimation routines do account for outage activity and will be estimated with 0 usage as needed.
  *   A market notice will be provided when we begin the process of replacing estimated interval data.

Market Actions(s)
We ask the public and our market partners continue to:

  *   Keep phone lines open for electric and natural gas emergency calls only.
  *   Leverage CenterPoint Energy’s Power Alert Service (PAS) for important updates and estimation of restoration times.

Next Market Update:
CenterPoint Energy's Hurricane Nicholas Market Call IV
Status Report
Thursday, September 16, 2021
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --
Meeting number (access code): 2594 778 5509
Meeting password: HNicholas4
Join<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://centerpointenergy.webex.com/centerpointenergy/j.php?MTID=mb45166488bc562de5738d59ec8ed6de9__;!!DR3VkBMYqM1H!L3GdAuWuxaR8XDk9LUYHDwn124g1NLWtviGi_6HDiZSAaGSJzFEbjQu8KXjlGP8L-J9gIbzxxDk$ >

Please use the Call Me or Call Using Computer options to avoid toll charges.
Meeting number (access code): 2594 778 5509
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0002  US Toll

Additional Call-in Numbers
(Chicago) +1-312-535-8110
(Dallas) +1-469-210-7159
(Denver) +1-720-650-7664

Use the Link Below ONLY for Video Conferencing.
Join from a video system or application
Dial [log in to unmask]<sip:[log in to unmask]>
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This Webex service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.