NOTICE DATE: March 20, 2014
NOTICE TYPE: M-A032014-01 Education/Training
SHORT DESCRIPTION: ERCOT Operator Certification Testing
INTENDED AUDIENCE: ERCOT Market Participants
DAY AFFECTED: April 1, 2014
LONG DESCRIPTION: On April 1, 2014, ERCOT will assume responsibility for the ERCOT Operators Certification Exam and Certification. The exam will be administered on the third Wednesday of each month beginning on April 16, 2014.
An Overview of the exam, 2014 exam dates, and The ERCOT Fundamentals Training manual can be found at: http://www.ercot.com/services/training/course/109
All exams will be administered at the ERCOT Taylor Facilities under the direction of the ERCOT Training and Professional Development group.
ACTION REQUIRED: Requests to take the exam must be submitted by the individual candidate’s manager to [log in to unmask] no less than one week in advance. All testing is subject to availability and registration will be confirmed via email.
· The exam will begin promptly at 9:00 A.M. and once the exam has started, late arrivals will not be allowed to take the exam and will need to reschedule.
· Individuals will have one and a half hours (90 minutes) to complete the exam.
· Individuals will be allowed only three attempts to pass the exam. If an individual does not pass the exam after three attempts, he/she must wait three months to retest. An email from their manager requesting a retest date will be required for the employee to take the exam. The email should be sent to [log in to unmask] requesting that the employee take the test again and provide an explanation for reconsideration.
· The exam will be administered at the ERCOT Taylor Facilities located at 800 and 810 Airport Road Taylor, TX 76574.
· Examinees will be provided the exact location and room number for the exam upon confirmation of enrollment.
· It may take up to 30 days after exam date to receive results.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at [log in to unmask].
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.