PGDTF,

Attached is the scope of a new group created by ERCOT in response to questions about high impact low frequency (HILF) events.  GMD is considered one of these events.  The WG is not working on GMD initially because NERC and FERC are addressing operating and planning standards for GMD, and our TF is addressing the planning aspect for ERCOT.  In my opinion, the rationale behind the creation of this WG emphasizes the importance of the work our TF proposes doing that not only address the expected NERC/FERC planning requirements, but also questions, etc. that go beyond the proposed Planning Standard.

Regards,

Michael Juricek, P.E.

Chairman Planning Geomagnetic Disturbance Task Force

Asset Planning Distribution and Transmission

Oncor Electric Delivery Co LLC

Office: 214.743.6671

Mobile: 214.490.0748

 .

To unsubscribe from the PGDTF list, click the following link:
http://lists.ercot.com/scripts/wa-ERCOT.exe?SUBED1=PGDTF&A=1