NOTICE DATE: June 3, 2016
NOTICE TYPE: M-D060316-01 NPRR
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Implementation Details of NPRR745
INTENDED AUDIENCE: ERCOT Market Participants
DAY AFFECTED: June 14, 2016
LONG DESCRIPTION: On June 14, 2016, Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) 745, Change ERS Availability from an Hourly to 15-minute Interval Evaluation plus Other Minor Changes, will be implemented. NPRR745 was approved by the ERCOT Board on April 19, 2016.
This NPRR makes minor changes to the Emergency Response Service (ERS) including:
· Changing the Resource identification process that clarifies ERCOT’s role in identifying baselines available to each site for Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSEs) to choose from
· Replacing outdated ERS nomenclature (e.g, replace Contract Period with Standard Contract Term) where appropriate
· Changing the deadline for QSEs to submit notice of ERS Load unavailability deadline from five Business Days to three calendar days
· Replacing the deadline for QSEs to revise planned maintenance or self-test schedules for ERS Generators from five Business Days to three calendar days
· Changing the testing exemption for an ERS Resource that successfully completes a test or meets its performance obligations during an ERS deployment event from 365 days to 330 days to provide ERCOT with flexibility to schedule and complete tests within a one year maximum time period
· Specifying metering options for sites with Distributed Renewable Generation (DRG)
The current Protocols will be applicable to the first 13 days of the June through September 2016 ERS Standard Contract Term. Beginning June 14th, the Protocol language from NPRR745 will apply.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pursuant to Nodal Protocol Section 21.6, Nodal Protocol Revision Implementation, ERCOT is required to provide notice as soon as practicable, but no later than ten days prior to implementation.
NPRR745 and associated documents can be found on the ERCOT website.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at [log in to unmask].
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.