PGDTF:

Attached please find my first cut at the Draft PGRR for compliance with TPL-007-1 Requirement 1.

This document will need to receive full ERCOT internal review before being submitted to ROS and perhaps before being submitted to PLWG for approval.  Accordingly, it is being offered to you for comments before having received full ERCOT internal review, as well as in parallel to ongoing ERCOT review, so please duly note this.
I initially included dates and relative dates in this document but removed them after discussions with Mike J and while interpreting the "Guidelines for Creation/Modification of Planning Guides" to suggest that details would best be including in working group procedural documents instead of the Planning Guides (See "Guidelines for Creation/Modification of Planning Guides" http://www.ercot.com/committee/plwg ).  I subsequently submitted them without dates for a first cut review by Jeff.  Yet, Jeff's first cut comments indicated that he felt we need the dates so I left his comments in the attached along with my responses as additional points for discussion.

Also, below are some potential, best case scheduling, sponsoring scenarios for comparison.  The TSP/RE sponsor for posting appears to be least likely.  And, as I understand it, since PGDTF is a task force and not a working group, PGDTF would need ROS to direct it to sponsor this PGRR creating some scheduling concerns.  Yet, I still have scheduling concerns with ERCOT sponsoring this PGRR, receiving comments from PGDTF on 1/11/17, and submitting to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> the next day (1/12/17), so we still need to sort through all of this and your comments would be appreciated.  The attached document is being offered to you for comments under the assumption that I will be the one to sponsor it as an ERCOT Planning Engineer.

TSP/RE sponsored:
01/10/17 - PGRR posting deadline for 1/25/17 PLWG (TSP/RE would need to send draft to [log in to unmask] asap - per Planning Guide 1.2.4.1, ERCOT would have 5 days to respond and 3 days to post after the draft is considered to be complete.)
01/11/17 - PGDTF reviews draft
01/25/17 - PLWG language review/approval
02/22/17 - PLWG IA review/approval
03/02/17 - ROS approval
03/23/17 - TAC approval
04/04/17 - Board approval

PGDTF sponsored:
01/10/17 - PGRR posting deadline for 1/25/17 PLWG - PGDTF will miss this, if they want to wait for group review before filing.
01/11/17 - PGDTF reviews draft
02/02/17 - ROS grants permission for PGDTF to file PGRR
02/07/17 - PGRR posting deadline for 2/22/17 PLWG
02/22/17 - PLWG language review/approval
03/22/17 - PLWG IA review/approval
04/06/17 - ROS approval
04/27/17 - TAC approval
06/13/17 - Board approval

ERCOT sponsored:
01/11/17 - PGDTF reviews draft
01/12/17 - ERCOT staff submits draft to [log in to unmask] for assignment to Market Rules analyst.
01/16/17 - 12noon deadline for BP agenda/packet
01/18/17 - BP reviews draft, approves concept, sends to triage for IA
02/01/17 - BP reviews IA, approves posting
02/07/17 - PGRR/IA posting deadline
02/22/17 - PLWG language review/approval
03/22/17 - PLWG IA review/approval
04/06/17 - ROS approval
04/27/17 - TAC approval
06/13/17 - Board approval

[cid:image001.png@01D25B8F.54A90660]

A. Benjamin Richardson, P.E.(Colorado)
Transmission and Interconnection Studies
2705 West Lake Drive
Taylor, TX 76574
O: 512-248-4505 | M:720-470-3643