NOTICE DATE: September 1, 2017
NOTICE TYPE: M-A122016-07 Operations
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Additional implementation details of NPRR758, Improved Transparency for Outages Potentially having a High Economic Impact (Rescheduled Outages)
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Transmission Service Providers
DAY AFFECTED: September 14, 2017
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT will be implementing changes to the Outage Scheduler for the remaining grey-boxed portion of Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) 758, Improved Transparency for Outages Potentially Having a High Economic Impact, on September 14, 2017.
This NPRR will:
· Identify Outages that have historically resulted in high congestion costs, as adjusted through a stakeholder review process to account for upgrades and other changes that would affect the fidelity of this list as an indicator of Outages that might cause future congestion;
Encourage earlier submission of these Outages;
· Formalize the process of rescheduling these Outages when they must be moved due to Forced Outages or later-arriving generator Outages; and
· Provide improved transparency to Market Participants when Outages with this potential congestion impact are submitted with less than 90 days’ notice.
Specific items within this NPRR include:
· Posting of High Impact Outages (HIOs) requested 90 days or less; and
· Introduction of a Rescheduled Outage type in the Outage Scheduler
Following are the details for the new daily Secure High Impact Outages (HIOs) report which will be posted on the Market Information System (MIS) on the Grid > Transmission page:
High Impact Outages - Submitted 90 Days or Less
In addition, modifications to the Consolidated Transmission Outage Report (EMIL ID NP3-157-CD, Report ID 13446) will be made to include two new columns:
· G90 Flag
· HIO Flag
This report is available on the Market Information System (MIS) on the Grid > Transmission page.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pursuant to Protocol Section 21.6, Nodal Protocol Revision Implementation, ERCOT is required to provide notice as soon as practicable, but no later than ten days prior to implementation.
NPRR758 and associated documents can be found on the ERCOT website, under Market Rules, at http://www.ercot.com/mktrules/issues/NPRR758.
With the implementation of NPRR758, a new Current Day Reports XSD has been posted to the ERCOT website. The XSDs can be found on the ERCOT website at http://www.ercot.com/services/mdt/index.html.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at [log in to unmask].
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.