***** EXTERNAL email. Please be cautious and evaluate before you click on links, open attachments, or provide credentials. *****

PGDTF:

I have posted the Pass 3 results.  We received *.idevs that help the solution but there is still work that needs to be done to the load flow data - not just GIC data - to make these credible GIC cases.

I have created 2 sets of results as follows:

Group 1

SUM1 and MIN – these are results after idevs received as of 2/9/2018. I produced the results without modifying the cases but notice that the solution terminated at 20 iterations for 8 V/km. That is, even though I requested a magnitude scan the GIC module was unable to scan magnitude due to errors in the load flow data.

Group 2

Sum1_Modified and Min_Modified

These are also results after idevs received as of 2/9/2018. The file named Modifications.txt describes the modifications that I also made to the cases to get them to solve at 8 V/km as well as higher magnitude benchmark voltages because with these fixes the GIC module was able to scan magnitude.  However, my fixes are quick fixes that should be reviewed and approved by the TSPs for the data that I modified.  Also please note that there are still voltage schedule errors in the case.

I look forward to discussing this further at our next meeting.

/cgi-bin/wa?A3=1802&L=PGDTF&E=base64&P=119543&B=--_004_6C94784ACCD5714492E0962EA05946D0A7DC38C9CPW0089ercotcom_&T=image%2Fpng;%20name=%22image001.png%22&N=image001.png

A. Benjamin Richardson, P.E.(Colorado)

Transmission and Interconnection Studies

2705 West Lake Drive

Taylor, TX 76574

O: 512-248-4505 | M:720-470-3643

To unsubscribe from the PGDTF list, click the following link:
http://lists.ercot.com/scripts/wa-ERCOT.exe?SUBED1=PGDTF&A=1