***** EXTERNAL email. Please be cautious and evaluate before you click on links, open attachments, or provide credentials. *****

Mike:

Answer is no, I have not “developed a methodology for examining different GMD orientations that we can discuss at a PGDTF meeting”.

My recommendation would be that someone perform a preliminary investigation into this with the objective of gaining a clearing understanding of the pros and cons of the various methods.  At a minimum, seems you should compare the “every x/30 degree” method to the worst case losses by region method (region could be weather zone, TSP service area, voltage category, etc.).

A. Benjamin Richardson, P.E.(Colorado)

System Development – Transmission Planning

2705 West Lake Drive

Taylor, TX 76574

O: 512-248-4505 | M:720-470-3643