NOTICE DATE: June 7, 2023
NOTICE TYPE: M-A060723-01 Operations
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Market readiness support for QSEs during implementation of the ERCOT Contingency Reserve Service (ECRS)
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSEs)
DAYS AFFECTED: June 8, 2023 through June 10, 2023
LONG DESCRIPTION: Details are provided below to summarize and assist QSEs during the operational and system cutover activities this week in support of the ECRS project launch and accompanying interface changes.
- The system upgrade supporting ECRS is planned to occur between 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm on Thursday, June 8, 2023 to support the first Operating Day (OD) with ECRS on June 10, 2023.
- ERCOT will post an Operations Message after the upgrade is complete reminding all QSEs that ECRS procurement will begin with Day-Ahead activities on June 9, 2023 for OD June 10, 2023.
- Market Participants can email questions about technical issues to [log in to unmask]. In addition, ERCOT will provide 24-hour coverage using [log in to unmask] to assist with market submission and other issues from June 8, 2023 3:00pm to June 11, 2023 5:00 pm.
Reminder of transitional changes between the system update and first OD:
- After the upgrade is complete Thursday, June 8, 2023:
- QSEs do not need to take any immediate action.
- ECRS will be available for Ancillary Service (AS) Offers, Self-Arranged AS, AS Trades, and Current Operating Plans (COPs) for OD June 10, 2023 and forward.
- ERCOT will re-publish Day Ahead Non-Controllable Load Resource (NCLR) grouping report for OD June 9, 2023 (re-published grouping will be used for any Responsive Reserve Service (RRS) Deployments on June 9th).
- June 9, 2023:
- AS Plan published for Day-Ahead Market (DAM) OD June 10 will include ECRS quantities.
- QSEs can submit AS Self Arrangements and AS Offers into DAM to include ECRS.
- DAM Awards for OD June 10 will include ECRS Awards and should be reflected in COP for June 10 Day-Ahead Reliability Unit Commitment (DRUC).
- DAM activities will include ECRS.
- June 10, 2023:
- First OD with ECRS.
- Starting at 12:01 am, telemetry should include ECRS values.
Support and mitigation during cutover:
- As noted above, Market Participants can email questions about technical issues to [log in to unmask]. In addition, ERCOT will provide 24-hour coverage using the [log in to unmask] to assist with market submission and other issues from June 8, 2023 3:00pm to June 11, 2023 5:00 pm. Please include your XML submission and error message(s) in your request.
- QSEs that are experiencing submission issues can also utilize the Market Management User Interface (MMS-UI) as an alternate data entry tool.
Further support information is available:
- ERCOT hosted a workshop on April 3, 2023 to outline the implementation details related to this project. Documentation with reference information is available at the workshop link.
- Weekly Market Readiness Meetings have been providing further details. The link to the most recent Weekly Market Readiness meeting is located here.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at [log in to unmask].
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.