*******TEXAS NODAL MARKET NOTICE*******
NOTICE DATE: November 23, 2010
NOTICE TYPE: Market Trials
SHORT DESCRIPTION: A Full-System Market and Reliability Test is scheduled to take place beginning on November 28, 2010
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Qualified Scheduling Entities, QSEs with Resources, Resource Entities, TDSPs, Nodal Accountable Executives, Nodal Transition Project Managers, Market Trial Contacts
DAYS AFFECTED: November 28 - December 1, 2010
LONG DESCRIPTION: A Full-System Market and Reliability Test is scheduled to take place beginning November 28, 2010, at 14:00 CST. Once all QSEs have been switched to nodal control following the 14:00 start time, the ERCOT system will remain on nodal control through the conclusion of testing activities on 23:59 CST on November 30, 2010, and into the beginning of the first nodal go-live Operating Day that begins at 00:00 CST on December 1, 2010. Participants should take the following steps:
1. Ensure that support staff are available on November 28, 2010, starting at 11:00 CST
2. Dial into the WebEx conference bridge (primary contacts/non-control room personnel) at 11:00 CST:
* The WebEx teleconference information will be provided via email to Nodal Project Managers and technical contacts
1. Await an announcement from ERCOT identifying the test start time:
* This announcement will occur at least two (2) hours prior to starting the test
* This announcement will be provided via three channels: the WebEx, a Market Notice and an inter-control center hotline call
2. Prepare your systems for switching Resources to Nodal control when instructed to do so by ERCOT
3. Follow all instructions from the ERCOT control center and resolve issues as needed throughout the testing period
4. Ensure that support staff are available until the testing is complete and that they continue to be available as needed to support go-live staffing plans
ACTION REQUIRED: Please advise operators and other personnel performing zonal market activities that the necessary support staff will need to be available beginning at 11:00 CST on November 28, 2010. Support staff will need to remain available throughout the transition from testing activities, which end at midnight on November 30, to the first nodal go-live Operating Day, which begins at 00:00 CST on December 1, 2010. Support staff will need to be available thereafter as appropriate to satisfy nodal go-live staffing plans.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact either the Market Trials team by email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900.
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com<http://lists.ercot.com/>.