NOTICE DATE: June 30, 2016
NOTICE TYPE: M-B063016-01 Education/Training
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Training by Siemens on the use of PSSC_500: PSS®E Power Flow and Steady State Analysis
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Licensed Engineers
DAY AFFECTED: September 12-16, 2016
LONG DESCRIPTION: On September 12 through 16 Siemens will offer training on the use of the Power Flow and Steady State Analysis using PSS®E. The course is designed to familiarize new users with the Power Flow and Fault Analysis features of the PSS®E program. Participants gain experience through hands-on exercises. Upon completion of this course, new PSS®E users will be acquainted with most program functions in sufficient detail for them to begin study work relevant to power flow, fault analysis and other types of steady state analysis. The target audience for the training consists of licensed engineers. In PSSC 500 participants will gain practical experience in:
· Modeling as basic power flow
· Solving power flows and creating reports
· Understanding and interpreting results (convergence, divergence, non-convergence)
· Changing model data and network topology
· Applying data checking functions to identify modeling issues
· Managing power flow data (import/export, network reduction, merging data)
· Performing fault analysis, including overhead line properties calculation and data management
· Automating and customizing procedures using Response Files, IPLAN and Python™
· Performing balanced switching, motor starting and voltage rise calculations and viewing results
· Performing AC/DC contingency and transfer limit calculations
· Special applications, including PV/QV analyses and Inertial/Governor redispatch power flows
This is a four-and-one-half day course. Material is presented in both morning and afternoon sessions for a total of six hours of daily instruction. Standard course hours are 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day, except the last day, which concludes at noon.
ACTION REQUIRED: To enroll in the course, go to https://siemens.coursewebs.com/siemens/pageCourseInfo.aspx?Course_ID=PSSC_500 and choose the ERCOT, Austin TX location by choosing “Add to Cart”.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The course will be held at the ERCOT Facility in Taylor, Texas. Please register prior to the close of business day on August 8, 2016. ERCOT will limit attendance to the first 25 registrants. Participants will be able to attain 27.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Wozny via email at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> . You may also contact your ERCOT Account Manager or call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900.
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.