RTCTF Archives

Real-Time Co-Optimization Task Force

RTCTF@LISTS.ERCOT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:15:44 -0500
From:
Shams Siddiqi <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Maggio, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if we're supposed to provide comments on these documents prior
to Friday's meeting - so, I'm providing comments just in case.

For KP3, based on feedback at the last meeting, I've introduced language to
truncate the ASDCs at the corresponding AS Plan amount - so, RUC will not
procure AS greater than minimum AS Plan amounts. E.g. if Non-Spin ASDC goes
from say $1800/MW to $200/MW for AS Plan amount of 1000MW - then RUC will
use this truncated ASDC. I also require that RUC apply a floor to Startup
Cost (TBD), Min Energy Cost (TBD) and EOC. EOC Floor would be the current
$1,500/MWh. This would imply that if there is scarcity, RUC would at most
procure the first 100-200MW of Non-Spin (if any) since the ASDC does not
justify the cost once offer floors are applied.

For KP1.5, I've clarified that Regulation Service deployments will always be
Resource Specific under both alternatives - the only difference is whether
the Resource Specific amounts are based on optional normalized Participation
Factors (PFs). There is no obligation to use Participation Factors and the
default would be as specified in Alternative 1. The concern raised at the
last meeting that normalized PFs may take time to compute within the
4-second LFC cycle is addressed by having normalized PFs being provided to
LFC for each SCED interval. Again, maintaining PFs does not alter the
economic efficiency of RTC and can increase efficiency by QSEs providing
deployed energy in an economic manner taking into account storage levels in
its portfolio of storage and controllable load assets.

There was also a good suggestion that we introduce Energy Storage Group
(similar to IRR Group) that can be utilized by a group of Energy Storage
assets for GREDP and Base Point Deviation purposes. I've added a paragraph
to incorporate this suggestion.

Regards,

Shams Siddiqi, PhD

President, Crescent Power, Inc.

11412 Bee Caves Rd, Suite 202

Austin, Texas 78738

Tel. +1.512.619.3532

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

 <http://www.crescentpower.net> www.crescentpower.net