PGDTF Archives

Planning Geomagnetic Disturbance Task Force

PGDTF@LISTS.ERCOT.COM

From:
"Juricek, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Planning Geomagnetic Disturbance Task Force <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:30:12 +0000
Attached is the presentation I gave at the ROS meeting last week.

ERCOT and Oncor are continuing the development of the Procedure Manual.  FERC's proposed response to NERC's petition for approval of the GMD Planning Standard has us moving cautiously with the development.  We are trying to avoid creating procedures that would require extensive modification because of FERC's actions.

The deadline for filing comments with FERC on their proposed NOPR is 7/27/2015.  A copy of the NOPR is attached.

ERCOT is actively scheduling the first day of the two-day training class.  They will notify the Task Force when the class is scheduled.

I have not scheduled the next Task Force meeting because we do not have enough topics to warrant a meeting.  If you believe we should meet soon, please express your desire for a meeting along with suggested topics.

After this e-mail, I will no longer use the distribution list I created.  Please join ERCOT's distribution list using this link http://lists.ercot.com/scripts/wa-ERCOT.exe?INDEX=&p=2.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks,

Michael Juricek, PE

PGDTF Chairman

Senior Manager, Transmission Planning

Asset Planning Distribution and Transmission
Oncor Electric Delivery Co LLC
Office: 214.743.6671
Mobile: 214.490.0748